Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
313 Hancock Street, Beaufort
The Talbird-Sams House is thought to have been built in 1786, structural evidence including the original porch form, tabby basement and molding details strongly supports late eighteenth century date. The two story is raised on a tabby basement, which during an early renovation was converted to additional living space for the house, now reflecting 5 bedrooms and 3 baths. Main 5 bay facade faces south with a central entrance. The entrance is enriched doorcase detail including fielded pilasters right and left and full entablature and a central pediment. Architecture on main floor affords single level left and right wings to produce the 'T' shaped plan. The house was listed as a part of Union Hospital #3 during the Civil War. The home still remains in the Sam's Family.
Directions:Carteret Street to King then right on East and left on Hancock, house is in second block on left.
- MLS® #161867
- Full Baths3
- Square Footage3,860
- Year Built1786
- Sub-TypeSingle Family
- StyleTwo Story
- Golf CommunityN
- Exterior FeaturesPorch
- ConstructionFrame, Lap
- Address313 Hancock Street
- Subdivision1001-Historic Dist/Old Pt.
- Zip Code29902
- AppliancesDishwasher, Elec/Oven/Range, Refrigerator, Unfurnished
- HeatingCentral Oil
- CoolingCentral Electric
- FireplacesThree or More, Family Room, Living Room, Dining Room, Great Room
- DistrictBeaufort High, Beaufort Middle, Beaufort/Elementary
- Construction Frame, Lap
- Cooling Central Electric
- Dining Formal
- Dock Not Applicable
- Dryer Connection Yes
- Family Room Yes
- Fireplace Three or More, Family Room, Living Room, Dining Room, Great Room
- Flood Insurance Required
- Floors Tile, Wood Floor, Vinyl
- Formal Dining Yes
- Other Rooms Family Room, Foyer, Formal Liv. Room
- Possession At Closing
- Showing Instructions Special Instructions
- Vacancy Occupied
- Walls Plaster
- Washer Connection Yes
- Water & Sewer Public Sewer, Public Water
- Water Heater Gas
- Will Sell Cash, Conventional, FHA, VA
Price Change History for 313 Hancock Street, Beaufort, SC (MLS® #161867)
|Price Reduced (from $1,185,000)||$1,085,000||$100,000 (8.44%)|
Data last updated: November 14th, 2019 at 8:03pm EST and updating occurs daily
The information being provided by BEAUFORT® is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.