Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
212 New Street, Beaufort
RARE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN ONE OF BEAUFORT'S MOST HISTORIC AND GRACEFUL HOMES.Originally built in 1898 by William Waterhouse as a gift for his bride, it was known at that time in Beaufort as the '' Wedding Gift House''. Located in the Historic Point neighborhood, it is surrounded by a wealth of Beaufort's antique homes. This home is a pristine Victorian Era gem. Its sweeping wraparound veranda overlooks lush gardens, mature landscaping and provides river views. Sweet afternoon breezes come from the Beaufort River, part of the Intracoastal Waterway, just a block away.Part of the rich history of this home includes 25 years as The Old Point Inn. The present owner closed the Inn in 2011 and returned it to its status as a private residence.
Directions:Carteret, left on Bay. Left on New St. House is on the left.
- MLS® #166962
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage3,795
- Year Built1898
- Sub-TypeSingle Family
- StyleTwo Story
- ViewPartial Waterview from Veranda and second floor
- Is WaterfrontYes
- WaterfrontWater View
- Golf CommunityN
- Exterior FeaturesFence - Partial, Gutters, Hurricane Shutters, Porch
- RoofComposition A/S
- Address212 New Street
- Subdivision1001-Historic Dist/Old Pt.
- Zip Code29902
- AppliancesBuilt In Ovens, Cable TV/Available, Ceiling Fan, Disposal, Dryer, Elec/Oven/Range, Gas/Oven/Range, Ice Maker, Microwave, Refrigerator, Vent Fan, Washer, Wet-Bar, Attic Fan
- HeatingCentral Gas, Heat Pump
- CoolingHeat Pump, Central Gas
- FireplacesThree or More
- DistrictBeaufort High, Beaufort/Elementary
- Construction Frame
- Cooling Heat Pump, Central Gas
- Dining Formal, Country Kitchen
- Dock Not Applicable
- Dryer Connection Yes
- Family Room Yes
- Fireplace Three or More
- Flood Insurance Required
- Floors Tile, Wood Floor
- Formal Dining Yes
- Other Rooms Formal Liv. Room, Foyer, Library, Pantry, Study/Den, Utility Room
- Possession At Closing
- Showing Instructions Appt. Only
- Vacancy Occupied
- Walls Plaster, Sheetrock
- Washer Connection Yes
- Water & Sewer Public Sewer, Public Water
- Water Heater Gas
- Will Sell Cash, Conventional
Data last updated: November 26th, 2020 at 1:18pm EST and updating occurs daily
The information being provided by BEAUFORT® is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.